Mastip Environmental Policy: Protect the Environment on a daily basis
Mastip Technology and its global group companies are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of our activities on the global environment. Further we acknowledge that we have a wider social responsibility to future generations to reverse and repair the unsustainable practises that harm the environment daily.
As Mastip works in the Tooling and Plastics Industry we are committed to working with the industry and our global customers to increase the global recycling rates for plastic from 14% in 2017 to 70% as part of the Circular Economy and are committed to looking beyond the current "take, make and dispose” extractive industrial model, the circular economy is restorative and regenerative by design. Relying on system-wide innovation, it aims to redefine products and services to design waste out, while minimising negative impacts. Underpinned by a transition to renewable energy sources, the circular model builds economic, natural and social capital.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste and emissions by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic and carbon emissions through the selection and use of both our manufacturing machinery and fleet as well as the source of its power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Implement an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.